Sunday, August 29, 2010

Buttermilk Cornbread

So, I tried out a new cornbread recipe and LOVE it! Plus, I broke out the solar oven that I got for my anniversary/birthday/Christmas present last year (I was very unmotivated while pregnant). I love that, too! So, I put both together and this is what I got:

Buttermilk Cornbread
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs (or 2 T powdered eggs 1/4 c water)
1 cup buttermilk (I do my own with 1 T lemon juice to one cup milk)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup cornmeal (if you have a grinder--grind up yellow popcorn for the most delicious
cornmeal!!)
1 cup flour
1/2 t salt
Melt butter. Stir in sugar. Add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture. Stir in cornmeal, flour, salt until well blended. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
*OR*
I put my solar oven outside to preheat (it heats up to 300 degrees in 20 minutes and I've had mine get as hot as 375 so far)
Then I put it in and let it cook! It does take a little more time to cook, but not much.





I just took mine out when it looked done. It was delicious!!


Even two days later, it was still moist! Cornbread--moist? Yep!!


No comments:

Post a Comment